Code of Ethics
As a member of The English Toastmasters Association I follow our own Code of Ethics.
I am committed through this statement of ethical practices to promote the highest possible standards of professional conduct.
I will undertake the following:
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner and perform competently and to the highest possible standards at all times.
- I will refrain from participating in any alcoholic beverages whilst working for my clients.
- I will present or supply services honestly and without misrepresentation, avoiding the use of false, confusing, inaccurate or misleading terms, descriptions and claims.
- I will earn, establish and maintain a reputation for giving an excellent quality service.
- I will render proper, fair, reasonable and efficient services to my clients.
- I will deal promptly with any issues and endeavour to make every client an advocate for my services.
- I will advise every client, as I would wish to be advised, if I were the client.
- I will make every service a brick in the foundation of confidence, without which, I would not be permanently successful.
- I recognise that other toastmasters will compete for business within lawful practice.
- I will refrain from discriminatory practices.
- I will maintain the highest reasonable level of safety for all services.
- I will undertake training for the development and improvement of professional standards and practices, on a regular basis.
- I will be responsive to and available for clients before, during and after the event.
- I will hold adequate public liability insurance. (We are obliged to provide evidence of such insurance on request and have a £5,000,000 Third Party Liability insurance).
- I will support the Association by taking an active role in the activities of the Association and promoting the Association to the Profession.
- I will maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of the English Toastmasters Association® and its membership.
- I will recognise the authority of the English Toastmasters Association® in all matters relating to the interpretation of this Code of Ethics.
This Code of Ethics is a guideline and does not represent the entire scope of good conduct and ethical behaviour. My acceptance and adherence to this Code is the Association standard practice.
Reproduced with kind permission of The English Toastmasters Association.